Posts Tagged “index”
Nov 15, 2007
As I said earlier, now the fun stuff begins
:-)I have been working with
dhelpthese days, and there are a couple of things I have changed already:
I have dropped support for the
.dhelpfiles. Now I just use the
doc-baseinformation directly (until now,
doc-basehad to convert its own format to
dhelp, which was a bad things for several reasons, one of them losing important information in the process).
I have changed the indexing code so it now indexes the actual documentation content, instead of the documentation directory generated by
I have rewritten most of the HTML used in the searches and in the documentation directory so it’s nicer and easier to modify (e.g. no more
<font>or similar obsolete tags).
While working on the indexing changes, I have been playing with swish+++, an indexing engine. Seems really useful, although some options are not that obvious, and I haven’t been able to use
extract++to extract the text according to the file format (e.g. skipping HTML tags in HTML). I’ll keep trying…
Hopefully, the package will be ready for release in a week or so…